Issue 1 in mireka: Documentation about using Mireka in embed mode in other Java projects

mir...@googlecode.com

Oct 28, 2013, 3:05:56 AM10/28/13
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 1 by go4m...@gmail.com: Documentation about using Mireka in embed
mode in other Java projects
http://code.google.com/p/mireka/issues/detail?id=1

From features list, Mireka can be run in embed mode. but documentation is
missing how-to.

Would be useful if documented about how-to-embed.

Thanks
Mani

issue notifications to this address.

mir...@googlecode.com

Oct 28, 2013, 5:17:46 AM10/28/13
to mir...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 1 by hont...@flyordie.com: Documentation about using
Mireka in embed mode in other Java projects
http://code.google.com/p/mireka/issues/detail?id=1

Yes, indeed. In case of embedding, the configuration and assembly must be
done in Java code. This does not really differ from a standalone server,
because the usual configuration files are in Javascript. The relevant
Javascript configuraton file parts must be transformed to Java code in the
embedding product. However, in the use cases I meet nowdays, I prefer a
standalone process. What is your use case?

mir...@googlecode.com

Oct 28, 2013, 8:53:53 AM10/28/13
to mir...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 1 by go4m...@gmail.com: Documentation about using
Mireka in embed mode in other Java projects
http://code.google.com/p/mireka/issues/detail?id=1

Our use case is simple - the configurations will come from user and we'll
save them in DB and all the rules will be available in memory. Updating js
config files is not a optimal solution in this case.

mir...@googlecode.com

Oct 28, 2013, 3:59:37 PM10/28/13
to mir...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 1 by hont...@flyordie.com: Documentation about using
Mireka in embed mode in other Java projects
http://code.google.com/p/mireka/issues/detail?id=1

Yes, introducing the JavaScript configuration was a step forward, but it
has still two responsibilities. It is used for typical runtime
configuration, like defining user accounts. It is also used for wiring
together the mail application from separate service objects. The boundaries
of these two are not obvious, it depends on the use case.

The best two candidates for real runtime configuration are the user
accounts and the local-recipients table (which assigns actions to other
recipient addresses). I believe it is easy to make them replaceable at
runtime, actually the only issue which must be solved is proper
concurrency. The more difficult - at least in case of the local-recipients
table, where there are many type of destinations - is to find a good data
structure, maybe a domain language, to store these data. An obvious choice
would be still using JavaScript, but evaluating it runtime if the file is
changed. But, for example, this does not really match your use case.