GitHub migration, Java 8 compatibility

HONTVÁRI Levente

Mar 19, 2015, 11:28:29 AM3/19/15
to mir...@googlegroups.com
I have moved the project from Google Code to GitHub. As you may know,
Google Code is shutting down. They already disabled the uploading of new
release packages a year ago, so it was not really usable anyway. I will
miss the user oriented project home page on Google Code. Therefore
Mireka has got its own domain name, which is served by the GitHub Pages
service, from the same git repository, but from a special branch.

The new home page is
http://mireka.org

I hope that GitHub's quick forking feature will make it possible to
maintain private modifications without much effort. As I am
experiencing, Git is very powerful, but learning it requires serious
investment of time from me, compared to Subversion.

I have also released a new version, 4.2.0. It solves the Java 8
compatibility issue we discussed a few weeks ago. It is available on the
GitHub Releases page.