Extracting IM History from old Miranda database

Robert Muil

Mar 15, 2013, 10:08:13 AM3/15/13
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I have an old Miranda Database (.dat) file from a few years ago.

Is there any way of extracting my old chat history from this, and exporting it to something standard like xml or just txt?

If there's no easy option available, could someone tell me what format the Database is in? If it is an open format, I should be able to read the database and manually extract what I want.

Many thanks,
Robert.

sohan.n...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2013, 12:50:30 AM7/16/13
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
you may try to open ".dat" file from microsoft word.Just open MSWord and then open that ".dat" file from it and you can then check the data and copy into some text file or any text editor and can retrieve the data.