Add contact dialog

Ricardo Pescuma Domenecci

Dec 8, 2009, 7:46:57 AM12/8/09
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
In add contact dialog, both checkboxes are disabled by default. I
think it is a good idea to make then enabled by default, so new users
that just click click click will most probabily get what they want. If
nobody has anything against it, I'll change this behavior.

Also, I think some explanation text should exist so that users know
that if you left "custom name" empty the default name will be used.
But I don't have a good idea how to do that. Suggestions?

Pescuma

Cristi

Dec 8, 2009, 8:08:03 AM12/8/09
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
How about initializing the edit box with something like : "<default name>" and when the user clicks the edit box for the first time remove the string (or just select all of it) ? You could do it in a different color, gray for example (like some web pages do it now, or Windows 2008, etc) but i guess that would be a bit more work.

--- On Tue, 12/8/09, Ricardo Pescuma Domenecci <pes...@gmail.com> wrote:

Vasilich

Dec 9, 2009, 10:53:24 AM12/9/09
to Miranda IM Develop
The idea is not bad, but i believe it would be better to extend API to
allow protocol to define what checkboxes should be set and what
checkboxes should be shown/enabled (it could be done via e.g. PF_*
protocol flags).
We need anyway to rewamp/extend API for it to get unicode support in
Search/Add contact dialogs.