Jabber chatroom history "since" attribute

Christian Schneider

Feb 24, 2012, 4:53:53 AM2/24/12
to Miranda IM Develop
Hi guys,

I would like to add a <history since="{lastlogeventdate}"/> to the
jabber message for joining multi user chats to avoid receiving known
messages again when joining the room. Can anyone tell me who is in
charge of the jabber plugin and/or where I can find info about the
subproject and it's source code?

TIA,
best regards,
Christian

Boris Krasnovskiy

Feb 24, 2012, 11:04:50 AM2/24/12
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

you can find all information you are asking for here:

Patches posted on the Bug Tracker, code in SVN.

Thank you,
Boris Krasnovskiy

Christian Schneider

Feb 24, 2012, 11:28:18 AM2/24/12
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
Well, I did not find any info about the jabber plugin and no info about the development-/contribution process. So I guess I just open an enhancement ticket on the tracker and hope to get attention there any time soon? Or does it mean nobody feels responsible for the jabber plugin at this time and I can't discuss possible changes with anyone?

Robert Rainwater

Feb 24, 2012, 12:29:18 PM2/24/12
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can checkout the project by clicking the Subversion link on the dev page:

http://code.google.com/p/miranda/source/checkout

There you will find the source code to jabber. Feel free to look
through the source code and submit a patch on the bug tracker.

Robert

> --
> "Miranda IM Develop" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/miranda-im-develop/-/pYmYga7vTIgJ.

Christian Schneider

Feb 24, 2012, 12:40:42 PM2/24/12
to miranda-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

thanks for your answer. That's what I already did. I've added
x << XCHILD( _T("history") ) << XATTR( _T("since"), lasteventdate);
to CJabberProto::GroupchatJoinRoom. That was the easy part.

What do you think about using the file date of the log file for determining lasteventdate? But where can I get hold of that file. Do you have a pointer which file is used for the session or where in the source the actual group chat logging is done?

TIA,
Christian

Christian Schneider

Mar 16, 2012, 12:29:35 PM3/16/12
to Miranda IM Develop
I have posted a patch in this issue here:
http://code.google.com/p/miranda/issues/detail?id=1548

Should we discuss the possible caveats there?

Best regards,
Christian