Mirah limit for Interfaces?

J Scott Kasten

Mar 17, 2015, 12:55:40 PM3/17/15
to Mirah Mailing List
Hi,

I recently ran into another odd issue working with the 0.1.3 compiler.
When I was working with some UI code that handles a complex form with
lots of input fields and widget types, I ran into a problem with
"implements" and interfaces.

Each of the android widget classes provides for callbacks through
interfaces. After I had implemented 5 interfaces, the Mirah compiler
barfed. It started flagging each reference to my own UI class as an
invalid "object" reference.

I tried swapping around the interfaces in "implements" and even
replacing them with other interfaces known to work in other code
sections. The only thing that fixed the problem was to remove one
(any one) of the interfaces listed in the implements.

My reading seems to indicate that Java has no practical limit (ok,
eventually you can overflow the ID in the byte code, but...) so this
would seem to be a Mirah oddity.

Do we have some limit for some technical reason, or is this breakage?

Thanks,

-S-

Ryan Brown

Mar 17, 2015, 1:23:05 PM3/17/15
to Mirah Mailing List
That definitely sounds like a bug.

Nick Howard

Mar 17, 2015, 6:47:41 PM3/17/15
to mi...@googlegroups.com
I agree. Could you put together a simplified reproduction so we can write a regression test?

J. Scott Kasten

Mar 17, 2015, 8:01:19 PM3/17/15
to mi...@googlegroups.com
I'll see what I can do.