installation of mirage v0.4 with Banshee 1.4

unknown....@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2008, 2:45:32 PM11/11/08
to Mirage - Automatic Playlist Generation
I've got Banshee version 1.4 on my Linux Mint 5 system, and I'm trying
to install Mirage version 0.4.
I'm really excited about this, and I have it installed insofar as it
appears in the Extensions menu under Edit->Preferences but fails to
show any other indication of its presence.
From the console, when running banshee:

---

[Warn 14:20:53.679] Caught an exception - Could not load type
'Banshee.Mirage.MiragePlugin' from assembly 'Banshee.Mirage,
Version=0.4.0.0, Culture=neutral'. (in `mscorlib')
at (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.MonoType:GetConstructors_internal
(System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Type)
at System.MonoType.GetConstructors (BindingFlags bindingAttr)
[0x00000]
at System.MonoType.GetConstructorImpl (BindingFlags bindingAttr,
System.Reflection.Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention,
System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
[0x00000]
at System.Type.GetConstructor (BindingFlags bindingAttr,
System.Reflection.Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention,
System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
[0x00000]
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean
nonPublic) [0x00000]
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000]
at Mono.Addins.TypeExtensionNode.CreateInstance () [0x00000]
at Mono.Addins.InstanceExtensionNode.CreateInstance (System.Type
expectedType) [0x00000]
at Banshee.ServiceStack.ServiceManager.StartExtension
(Mono.Addins.TypeExtensionNode node) [0x00000]
[Warn 14:20:53.679] Extension `/Banshee/ServiceManager/Service/
__nid_34' not started: Could not load type
'Banshee.Mirage.MiragePlugin' from assembly 'Banshee.Mirage,
Version=0.4.0.0, Culture=neutral'.

---
I think this is the important part, but I don't know what it means.
Something missing dependency-wise?

Bertrand Lorentz

Nov 11, 2008, 3:08:08 PM11/11/08
to mirag...@googlegroups.com

Could you try this command ?
rm -r ~/.config/banshee-1/addin-db-001/

This will delete the banshee extensions cache/repository. It will be
re-generated the next time you start banshee.
I think it sometimes gets confused.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand...@gmail.com>
> http://flickr.com/photos/bl8/ <

signature.asc

unknown....@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2008, 3:11:42 PM11/11/08
to Mirage - Automatic Playlist Generation
Thanks for the quick reply, but it still fails. New error, though:
** (Banshee:24810): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced
from /usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/mirage-0.4.0/Banshee/
Banshee.Mirage.dll could not be loaded:
Assembly: Mirage (assemblyref_index=5)
Version: 0.4.0.0
Public Key: (none)
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed
in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the
executing assembly (/usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/mirage-0.4.0/
Banshee).

** (Banshee:24810): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly
'Mirage, Version=0.4.0.0, Culture=neutral' or one of its dependencies.

On Nov 11, 3:08 pm, Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand.lore...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand.lore...@gmail.com>
>
> >http://flickr.com/photos/bl8/<
>

>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Bertrand Lorentz

Nov 11, 2008, 3:20:40 PM11/11/08
to mirag...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 12:11 -0800, unknown....@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply, but it still fails. New error, though:
> ** (Banshee:24810): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced
> from /usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/mirage-0.4.0/Banshee/
> Banshee.Mirage.dll could not be loaded:
> Assembly: Mirage (assemblyref_index=5)
> Version: 0.4.0.0
> Public Key: (none)
> The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed
> in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the
> executing assembly (/usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/mirage-0.4.0/
> Banshee).

The main mirage files should have been installed by "make install" as
follows :
/usr/lib/libmirageaudio.so
/usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/Mirage.dll
/usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/Banshee.Mirage.dll

You shouldn't have any subfolder in /usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/
What options did you pass to "./configure" ?

signature.asc

unknown....@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2008, 3:58:31 PM11/11/08
to Mirage - Automatic Playlist Generation
Got it.
If you leave the folder the .tar.gz extracts to inside of /usr/lib/
banshee-1/Extensions (which I did, by accident) it confuses Banshee.
Moved the folder, and all is well. :)
(I used ./configure --prefix=/usr FYI)

Thanks!

On Nov 11, 3:20 pm, Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand.lore...@gmail.com>