Where Is Left Pane Play List Generator In Banshee?

Actngman

Dec 18, 2011, 12:16:41 PM12/18/11
to Mirage - Automatic Playlist Generation
I have tried Ubuntu 11.11, Ubuntu 10.10, and now I am on Linux Mint 12
(32bit.)
Mirage is installed, it is enabled under extensions in the preferences
menu, it is present in the tools menu. I have rescanned, I have reset
and rescanned.

There is simply no Play List Generator item in the left menu
pane...not after three tries with three Banshee installs in three
Linux installs.

Current Banshee is version 2.2. Asus Netbook Intel Atom N455.

Please advise.

Dominik Schnitzer

Dec 19, 2011, 8:13:13 AM12/19/11
to mirag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you really installed three different linux distributions just to
try mirage, I guess we really need to help ;-)

The screencast on hop.at/mirage was not made using a recent
mirage/banshee version, but used an older version. If you use the
latest extension in banshee 2.2 -- you can generate automatic
playlists selecting "by similar" in the "play queue" source. (after
your collection was analyzed by the extension)

I hope that helps!

greetings,
domi.

> --

DI Dominik Schnitzer
Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Freyung 6/6, 1010 Vienna, Austria, Europe

John

Dec 19, 2011, 5:32:01 PM12/19/11
to mirag...@googlegroups.com
Success...thank you.  I hope this topic will help others...goodness knows your answer will.