Scanning library fails

Thomas Sibley

Mar 21, 2009, 4:23:54 AM3/21/09
to Mirage - Automatic Playlist Generation
Hi,

Whenever I try to scan my library, the scan never completes. It
always just suddenly stops with no apparent error shown. I've tried
reseting Mirage and rescanning to no avail.

Currently it seems to be stopping on one song in particular and
producing this output to the terminal when I run banshee with the --
debug flag:

[Debug 19:58:39.316] Mirage - Rescan
[Debug 19:58:39.319] Mirage - Scanning library for tracks to update
[Debug 19:58:39.483] Mirage - Done scanning library
[Debug 19:58:39.489] Mirage - Processing 509-Athlete-Tourist

(Banshee:9731): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_caps_unref: assertion
`caps != NULL' failed

A copy of the song in question is here: http://thomas-sibley.com/etc/Athlete-Tourist.mp3

That said, Mirage has also continually failed on a handful of other
songs as well since I've been trying to get it working.

Any ideas as to what's going wrong? Mirage, way back in the early
versions, used to work great for me, and I'd love to get it working
again.

Cheers,
Thomas

Bertrand Lorentz

Mar 22, 2009, 2:38:55 PM3/22/09
to mirag...@googlegroups.com

I just imported a copy of the track you linked to, and Mirage analyzed
it without any problem.
It might be a GStreamer problem. Which version of gstreamer do you
have ?

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand...@gmail.com>
> http://flickr.com/photos/bl8/ <

signature.asc

Thomas Sibley

Mar 22, 2009, 6:51:05 PM3/22/09
to Mirage - Automatic Playlist Generation
On Mar 23, 7:38 am, Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand.lore...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I just imported a copy of the track you linked to, and Mirage analyzed
> it without any problem.
> It might be a GStreamer problem. Which version of gstreamer do you
> have ?

I'm on Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10) with libgstreamer 0.10.21-4.

Thomas