Re: letux MIPS letux_defconfig missing CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

H. Nikolaus Schaller

Apr 4, 2021, 11:49:54 AM4/4/21
to William Cohen, mips-creat...@googlegroups.com, Discussions about the Letux Kernel, Paul Boddie
Hi Will,
sorry but it seems as if I did no longer receive mails from
the mips-creator list. So I wasn't aware of your report until
Paul Boddie made me aware of.

Yes, that was a bug to remove CONFIG_HIGHMEM. It seems that it
happened because we try to build for the CI20 and the Alpha400
from a single defconfig (which is not fully possible yet) and
since the Alpha400 has not set CONFIG_SYS_SUPPORTS_HIGHMEM,
CONFIG_HIGHMEM was disabled by Kconfig during some work on the
config.

And I did not check memory size of the CI20 recently...

I have now added a patch so that it should be back in the next
letux kernel releases (maybe tomorrow).

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus