ArcticFox running on the CI20!

Riccardo Mottola

Jan 4, 2021, 3:40:06 AM1/4/21
to MIPS Creator CI20 Development
Hi!

Happy New Year! I have a 2021 git start.

quite happy and proud, look at the screenshot!
I got the ArcticFox Browser finally not only compiling, but even running on the CI20!
It is a little bit hard, sicne I still have stability issues, I am still running:
Linux CI20 5.9.0-letux-l400+ #3593 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 12 08:07:44 CEST 2020 mips GNU/Linux

Waiting for an update by Nikolaus! However, when it "compiles" and takes several hours (I used SMP and added 512MB swap on a file, which greatly helps stability) the browser runs.

It has javascript running (albeit a little bit slower than expected, I thught baseline JIT was enabled) it is incredibly great news! Also, something "useful" for this board too. With 1GB it is even usable, with 2GB it would be "a dream board". We should do a CI21 !!

I am still running on exported display, but we will get a stable X11 soon I hope :)

Super-experimental, but if somebody wants I can make a tarball.

Riccardo

Zhou Yanjie

Jan 13, 2021, 10:16:59 AM1/13/21
to mips-creat...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

On 2021/1/4 下午4:39, 'Riccardo Mottola' via MIPS Creator CI20 Development wrote:
Hi!

Happy New Year! I have a 2021 git start.

quite happy and proud, look at the screenshot!
I got the ArcticFox Browser finally not only compiling, but even running on the CI20!
It is a little bit hard, sicne I still have stability issues, I am still running:
Linux CI20 5.9.0-letux-l400+ #3593 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 12 08:07:44 CEST 2020 mips GNU/Linux

Waiting for an update by Nikolaus! However, when it "compiles" and takes several hours (I used SMP and added 512MB swap on a file, which greatly helps stability) the browser runs.

It has javascript running (albeit a little bit slower than expected, I thught baseline JIT was enabled) it is incredibly great news! Also, something "useful" for this board too. With 1GB it is even usable, with 2GB it would be "a dream board". We should do a CI21 !!

Great! Congratulations!

The good news is that I heard that Ingenic has plans to launch a new processor based on the new XBurst2 CPU core with external memory. It should be able to configure 1GiB to 2GiB of memory, and the same frequency performance of the CPU is about 2~3 times that of JZ4780.