bind clearscreen+buffer to a key, within mintty not within shell/env

fris...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2013, 5:57:45 AM8/20/13
to mintty-...@googlegroups.com
hi,
on the mintty wiki tips page i found the following:
alias cls='echo -e "\033c"'
which is a nice way to clear the screen and scrollback buffer.

is there a way to bind this somehow to a key, so that it is always available?

for me its currently only available, when i start a local shell,
because i got it in my .bashrc or .zshrc..
but when i then connect via ssh to some remote machine,
it is not available. or only if i put it in my .zshrc there, too.
but i connect to many different machines, so i don't want to put it in rc files
everywhere.

so i try to somehow have it within mintty, not in my env or shell or something,
know what i mean?

thanks in advance for any pointers/advice.

cheers,
fil

Michael Ludwig

Oct 26, 2013, 4:05:02 AM10/26/13
to mintty-...@googlegroups.com
fris...@gmail.com schrieb am 20.08.2013 um 02:57 (-0700):
> on the mintty wiki tips page i found the following:
> alias cls='echo -e "\033c"'
> which is a nice way to clear the screen and scrollback buffer.
>
> is there a way to bind this somehow to a key, so that it is always
> available?

In most UNIX shells/terminals (don't know which one is responsible for
this), C-L (control L) is bound to the clear screen action. It works for
me in MinTTY/Bash.

Michael