How to open mintty in custom folder under MinGW/Msys?

klo

May 30, 2013, 8:49:53 PM5/30/13
to mintty-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can't figure how to do this. Wiki pages at google code show instructions for Cygwin which aren't applicable for Msys, and looking elsewhere like http://mindview.net/Etc/Cygwin/BashHere to distil some meaning it makes me just frustrated as nothing I try seem to work.

So I have mintty in Msys bin folder and I can pass Windows pathname as argument - can enyone be kind and reply with command line that will allow me to start mintty in this custom folder?

TIA

Renato Silva

May 31, 2013, 9:53:17 PM5/31/13
to Lista MinTTY
Don't you want to cd $yourDirectory in ~/.profile?

klo

May 31, 2013, 10:33:30 PM5/31/13
to mintty-...@googlegroups.com
I want it to open in a current folder where I am located, not to hardcode fixed folder.