how can I copy text from a windows application and paste it to mintty?

test....@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2012, 8:13:11 AM8/23/12
to mintty-...@googlegroups.com
I have installed mintty with cygwin.  But how can I copy text from a windows application and paste it to mintty?

I tried Ctrl-C in my windows application and then got to mintty 'paste' from contrext menu.

That does not work. It pastes the wrong text.

Thanks for any help.

Andy Koppe

Aug 29, 2012, 2:43:22 PM8/29/12
to mintty
On Aug 23, 1:13 pm, test.im...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have installed mintty with cygwin.  But how can I copy text from a
> windows application and paste it to mintty?
>
> I tried Ctrl-C in my windows application and then got to mintty 'paste'
> from contrext menu.

That's how it's supposed to work.

> That does not work. It pastes the wrong text.

What do you expect to see, and what do you get instead?

Note that mintty automatically copies selected text to clipboard
unless the 'Copy on Select' option is switched off, so if somehow
you're selecting something in mintty before pasting that will
overwrite the clipboard contents.

Andy