geo_timeseries.h5 to ArcGIS Pro multidimensional raster?

geolee

Feb 27, 2024, 7:09:21 AMFeb 27
to MintPy
Dear MintPy community,

I'm trying to import geo_timeseries.h5 file to ArcGIS Pro to do further space-time pattern mining. Basically I would like to create multidimensional raster data from HDF format following this instruction https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/data/imagery/working-with-a-multidimensional-raster-layer.htm.

However, even I import the geocoded timeseries files,  the timeseries layer still cannot be placed in the correct location as shown below.
2024-02-27 20 07 03.png

Does anyone have a similar experience taking this situation?

Best regards.

Manudeo Singh

Feb 27, 2024, 8:46:23 AMFeb 27
to min...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a bash script loop using save_gdal.py to convert each displacement to individual tiff files and then used these tiffs to create a multidimensional raster in ArcGIS Pro.

Best,
Manu

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Feb 27, 2024, 11:19:47 PMFeb 27
to MintPy
Hi Manu,

I did the same as you but in the Matlab for the time series and geometry files.
Could you please let me know if I can have your bash script? It would be more convenient.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

geolee

Feb 27, 2024, 11:42:27 PMFeb 27
to MintPy
Hello Dr. Manu,

Thanks for your idea💡  I've also tried this approach to save as tif files via save_gdal.py and Python loop, while I ran into problems in creating multidimensional raster. May I have your steps when doing in ArcGIS? or any online instructions that I could follow.

Best regards ✨️

Manudeo Singh 在 2024年2月27日 星期二晚上9:46:23 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Manudeo Singh

May 8, 2024, 7:49:16 AMMay 8
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hey both, apologies for the late reply. In my defense, I was on a 2-month-long field trip in the deserts of India :)

Here is the script I wrote to do this work (this is a python script):

#############

Make tiffs of TS Data

##########

#convert each timeseries data into individual tiffs - PYTHON script

import h5py

f = h5py.File('geo/geo_timeseries_ERA5_ramp_demErr.h5', 'r')

list(f.keys())

#['bperp', 'date', 'timeseries']

#get list of dates

d = []

for date in f['date']:

    d.append(int(date.decode('utf-8'))) #need to convert byte-string into simple string and then into int

#print(d)

#Run conversion tool over all dates

import os

for date in d:

    os.system('save_gdal.py -d {} -o d{}.tif geo/geo_timeseries_ERA5_ramp_demErr.h5'.format(date, date))

Best,
Manu
Dr Manudeo Singh
Royal Society - Newton International Fellow
Department of Geography & Earth Sciences
Aberystwyth University, Wales, UK