Error in GAMMA processor coordinates (hyp3), Radar not WGS84?

M L

May 2, 2024, 5:48:39 PMMay 2
to MintPy
Hello everyone

I am working with a group of on-demand interferograms in the ASF service. which works with the GAMMA processor, so in the configuration file I configure mintpy.load.processor = hyp3. When I process with Mintpy there seems to be an error in the geographic coordinates. The mintpy.subset.lalo and mintpy.reference.lalo commands do not work with WGS84 geographic coordinates, they seem to be referenced to the radar reference system.

When I run the tsview.py timeseries.h5 command, I get the interactive velocity map in non-WGS84 coordinates.

p1.png
However, when querying the geometry information with the info.py inputs/geometryGeo.h5 command, the information is apparently geocoded. However, the reference latitude and longitude are wrong.

p2.png

I appreciate anyone who can help me solve this problem.

Reynaldo Santos-Basurto

May 2, 2024, 9:03:10 PMMay 2
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

The hyp3 data is in UTM coordinate! You can check this out with gdalinfo before running MintPy.

Zhang Yunjun

May 7, 2024, 12:04:56 PMMay 7
to MintPy
As said in the above answer, the hyp3 products are already geocoded, in UTM coordinates, instead of lat/lon. All the lat/lon template options in the current version also work for UTM coordinates, actually, they work ONLY in UTM coordinates for hyp3 products. Check the note here pls: https://github.com/insarlab/MintPy/issues/1145#issuecomment-1992004863

Yunjun

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

May 7, 2024, 9:42:15 PMMay 7
to MintPy
Hi Reynaldo,

I remember that I already mentioned in one of the previous questions that we can convert the UTM projection system of HyP3 products to the WGS84 geographic system using the HyP3 lib package. I made a small change inside the "cutGeotiffs.py" code to crop all GeoTIFF files into the same size and geographic system. So, you can follow that way.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Ditasaka

May 8, 2024, 1:09:05 AMMay 8
to MintPy
Hi Sayyed,

It seems that the UTM issue is a recurring concern and will be appreciated if it can be resolved.
As I remember the last conversation, your custom script only works at version 1.5.1. Have you tried the last version using your custom scripts?

Regards,
Dita

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

May 8, 2024, 2:02:49 AMMay 8
to MintPy
Hi Dita,

Oh, I remember that issue we faced with the latest version of MintPy.
I used that solution with the MintPy 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, which worked well. But, I did not try it again for the MintPy 1.5.3.

Sincerely,
Sayyed