Significant different pattern in unwrapped

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

May 27, 2024, 10:55:59 PMMay 27
to MintPy
Hi all,

I analyzed the time series using the MintPy and ASF HyP3 service outputs. When I checked the temporal coherence and numTriNonzeroIntAmbiguity plots, I found a different pattern in the southwest part of the area, which can be related to several ifgs unwrapped with high uncertainties.

Could you please kindly guide me on how I can recognize the problematic ifgs to avoid this pattern in the final result?

Sincerely,
Sayyed

numTriNonzeroIntAmbiguity.jpg
temporalCoherence.jpg

Zhang Yunjun

May 27, 2024, 11:42:04 PMMay 27
to MintPy
Hi Sayyed,

I agree that those should be caused by phase unwrapping errors in some of the interferograms. To identify them, I usually plot the unwrapped phase within the range of [-15, 15] radians, then the PU error will be shown as sharp phase jumps.

Cheers,
Yunjun

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

May 28, 2024, 1:50:36 AMMay 28
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,

Thanks for your confirmation and for suggesting a way to recognize them.
I plotted all ifgs individually in the range of [-3.14, 3.14] in the wrapped style, but I will follow your suggestion to see how I can find them.
I can see this style of PU error in several frames including the mountainous areas.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Jun 2, 2024, 9:12:25 AMJun 2
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,

Thank you for your method to investigate the PU in the unwrapped results.
I plotted them but am worried about selecting the wrong candidates since I see many abnormal unwrapped ones in my case.
Could you please share any samples from the sharp phase jumps that can be interpreted as PU?

Sincerely,
Sayyed