TSX Stack processing (ISCE + MintPy)

Sven Borgstrom

Mar 2, 2021, 1:33:09 PM3/2/21
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,
I have TSX data (SLC, SSC) I would like to process (ISCE + MintPy).
Unless I'm wrong, the starting point for this should be the "unpackFrame_TSX.py" script.
B.t.w. I was not able to unpack the data: I tried with both the zipped "dims_*.tar.gz" file and the unzipped "TSX1_*.xml" file.
I used both the absolute and the relative paths, but I always get this error message:
"IndexError: list index out of range".
Is this the right script or should I use another one?
I asked time ago on the ISCE forum but with no answer.
Cheers,
Sven.

Zhang Yunjun

Mar 6, 2021, 7:29:59 PM3/6/21
to MintPy
Hi Sven,

It seems like the starting point is prepSlcSensors.py, which generates the command calls for unpackFrame_TSX.py. But I don't have TSX experience with stripmapStack. You might want to check in the ISCE forum and maybe provide more information there.

Yunjun

nilloofar alizade

Dec 30, 2022, 4:01:24 AM12/30/22
to MintPy
Dear Sven, I recently downloaded and unzipped the TSX data but I'm having problems with the prep and unpack part and I don't know where to start. I would be grateful if you could help me.

Sven Borgstrom

Dec 30, 2022, 10:38:03 AM12/30/22
to MintPy
Dear Alizade,
just a couple of things to keep in mind when dealing with TSX/TDX data.

First of all, keep in mind there is a problem in the "unpackFrame_TSX.py" script if you are dealing with TDX instead of TSX data, because at line 33 of the script:

fname = glob.glob(os.path.join(hdf5,'TSX-1.SAR.L1B/*/TSX1*.xml'))[0]

you can deal only with TSX data (.../TSX1*.xml')) so if you're using TDX data instead, you will get an error; change from TSX1*.xml into T*X1*xml;

The second point is, when unpacking the data, you have to consider always the FULL (not relative) path, e.g. look at the attached file I wrote myself to get them all unpacked ("bash unpack_TSX_all.sh").

I hope I was clear enough, otherwise let me know.
Cheers,
Sven.
unpack_TSX_all.sh

nilloofar alizade

Dec 30, 2022, 11:23:50 AM12/30/22
to MintPy
Dear Borgstrom, Thank you very much for answering me during the holidays. I made the changes you said in unpackFrame_TSX.py.
But should this step (unpackFrame_TSX.py) be done for each data separately? And the prep_TSX.py step necessary to be done?

Sven Borgstrom

Dec 30, 2022, 1:52:09 PM12/30/22
to MintPy
Hi Nilloofar,
sorry for confusion, I didn't understand which is your first and which is your last name. My first is Sven so you can call me Sven.
Yes, you have to run each date (e.g. "unpackFrame_TSX.py -i /Users/sven/TSX_CF_Desc/download/20220112/dims_*/ -o /Users/sven/TSX_CF_Desc/SLC/20220112/"): the script was to facilitate the whole unpacking step, though you have to set up the related folders before.
After that, when you have all the SLCs, just run the "stackStripMap.py" script.
Cheers,
Sven.

Sven Borgstrom

Dec 30, 2022, 2:11:57 PM12/30/22
to MintPy
Just for completeness,
after the "stackStripMap.py" script, you will get the "run_files" folder, with some run files (run_0*) inside to process in sequence.
After the last one, go back to the main folder and run "prep_isce.py".
Sven.

nilloofar alizade

Jan 2, 2023, 12:24:00 PM1/2/23
to MintPy
thanks a lot, dear Sven, I did anything you said and it worked. Could you please send me an example of prep_isce.py?
After this step (prep_isce.py), I should run mintpy like what was done for Sentinel-1?

Sven Borgstrom

Jan 4, 2023, 10:41:48 AM1/4/23
to MintPy
Hi Nilloofar,
if you give the "help" option on prep_isce.py (prep_isce.py -h), you will get the different options of the script for the different sensors.
Sven.

nilloofar alizade

Jan 5, 2023, 9:33:11 AM1/5/23
to MintPy
Hi dear Sven, thanks for your help.
Can I run the MintPy process after prep_isce.py?

Sven Borgstrom

Jan 6, 2023, 11:43:52 AM1/6/23
to MintPy
Hi Nilloofar,
of course you can. prep_isce.py is the last step before MintPy processing.
Now you have to create a folder ("mintpy") and insert the processing template inside, then run: smallbaselineApp.py "yourtemplate"
Cheers,
Sven.

nilloofar alizade

Jan 6, 2023, 1:21:11 PM1/6/23
to min...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, dear Sven. I am sorry, to ask one more question, when I processed sentinel-1 data with isce, my unwrapping step was extremely long because 3 bursts are processed. Is there a way to crop the desired area before unwrapping?

Sven Borgstrom

Jan 15, 2023, 12:52:07 PM1/15/23
to MintPy
Hi Nilloofar,
sorry for late answer but I'm quite busy in this period.

Of course you can crop your image down to your area of interest (AOI): you can do this by using the "-b" flag to get a bounding box.
This is an example of a recent processing with S1 data over my AOI

"stackSentinel.py -s /Users/sven/NaplesSenDT22/SLC/ -d /Users/sven/NaplesSenDT22/DEM/demLat*.dem.wgs84 -b '40.7 40.9 14.0 14.6' -a /Users/sven/aux/aux_cal/ -o /Users/sven/NaplesSenDT22/orbits -m 20220510 -c 3 -n 1 -z 2 -r 8".

Values are the S N W E coordinates in decimal degrees.
Set also the swath containing your AOI, in my case swath 1 (-n 1).

I hope I was clear enough.
Good luck for processing.
Sven.

nilloofar alizade

Jan 16, 2023, 1:55:52 AM1/16/23
to MintPy
Hi dear Sven, no problem. Thank you for your reply.
In fact, specifying BBox in StackSentinel.py only crops bursts (for example, out of ten bursts, it crops three bursts). I want to crop the desired area which includes a small area.