ALOS2 geocode problem

朱海雄

Apr 29, 2021, 10:35:55 PM4/29/21
to MintPy
I use 13 ALOS2 data to verify the baige landslide occurring in 2018 Nov  by ISCE and MintPy,
the isce command i used was:
stackStripMap.py -s /media/leslie/F/Data/ALOS-2/SLC -d /media/leslie/F/Data/ALOS-2/DEM/demLat_N31_N32_Lon_E098_E099.dem.wgs84 -m 20171127 -W interferogram -x '31.05 31.1 98.68 98.72' -t 500 -b 200 -a 2 -r 4 -S alos -u snaphu --nofocus
after unwarp I can invert the displacement in mintpy successfully , i open the geo_velocity.kmz in google earth  but found the outcome location seems a litttle shift:
 2021-04-30 10-19-18屏幕截图.png
Figue1 shows the LandSlide in the boundingBox
2021-04-30 10-26-032屏幕截图.png
Figure 2 overlay the geo_velocity on the bounding box blue represents
the InSAR landslie by ALOS2
there is a obvious shift between the google earth and insar outcome, i wonder why this phenomenon , i also check my other topsStack results and the location is the same with googel earth.

Zhang Yunjun

Apr 29, 2021, 10:42:05 PM4/29/21
to MintPy
Hi Zhu,

You need to turn on the --zero option since ALOS-2 (stripmap I assume) SLC is focused on the zero Doppler geometry. Check the relevant discussion here: http://earthdef.caltech.edu/boards/4/topics/3737

Yunjun

朱海雄

Apr 30, 2021, 3:22:20 AM4/30/21
to min...@googlegroups.com
thank you so much your quickly reply really help me, As your solution the --zero option shoule be set during stripstack process,and I check my TerraSAR stripmap sample,it is really right!!!
before I getting your reply i think the error maybe caused by ratio of multilook,bacause in stackStripMap.py (line 324 ) the azimuth looks will multiply by 4 if the sensor is defined as alos,I wonder why?

Zhang Yunjun <yunju...@gmail.com> 于2021年4月30日周五 上午10:42写道:

geolee

Apr 16, 2023, 8:30:57 AM4/16/23
to MintPy
Hello Yunjun,

I'm processing ERS and Envisat SLC via stackStripMap.py and Mintpy as well
It's confusing whether I should turn on the --zero option when I'm setting stackStripMap.py parameters.
I can barely find some information about this.

Thank you in advance.

Zhang Yunjun 在 2021年4月30日 星期五上午10:42:05 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

mirzadeh...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2023, 9:01:06 AM4/17/23
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,

I processed the stack of the ALOS-1 dataset (raw format downloaded from the ASF service) using the ISCE and MintPy and observed this shift in my results between the ALOS-1 and Sentinel-1. Should I  turn on the --zero option for the ALOS-1 dataset processing? And how about --nofocus option?

-z, --zero            Use zero Doppler geometry for processing - Default : No
--nofocus             If input data is already focused to SLCs - Default : do focus

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Zhang Yunjun

Apr 19, 2023, 1:05:56 AM4/19/23
to MintPy
Here (https://github.com/isce-framework/isce2/blob/c2d1a218020d81071574cd70033b7d673e2f5092/components/isceobj/StripmapProc/Factories.py#L61) is the zero Doppler SLC info in isce2. It's not easy to locate, unfortunately, someone could issue a PR for it!

For ALOS raw data, isce2 is focusing it into zero doppler by default.

Yunjun