Modification on readfile.py for stack generated by SNAP

Sohrab Sharifi

May 28, 2024, 4:54:17 PMMay 28
to MintPy
Hello Yunjun and other fellows,

I'm opening this thread to have your input on the modification of a part of readfile.py. I'm using SNAP to generate the stack; however, it lacks a direct function to make sure the interferograms are resampled to a common grid. I changed my process so every single pair of scenes is first co-registered to a 3rd reference scene then split the stack and maintain the two scenes of interest to proceed with the rest of the process. This changed the structure of the "Abstracted Metadata" of dim files a little bit (please see the *_coh_tc.dim attached; see the "baseline" branch in the XML file. The first date is always the reference one, second is the master and third is the slave scenes). This obviously triggered an error when prep_snap.py runs. I modified the code in readfile.py as attached (specifically lines 1900 and 1906). It runs now and the baseline values as well as dates are identified correctly. I was wondering if anywhere else in this script or other script(s) should be modified accordingly too. Additional info is below. Let me know if I wasn't clear on anything.

Many thanks,
Sohrab

-OS: Ubuntu
-Installation: conda
-Version: 1.6.0, date 2024-05-09

20190507_20190519_coh_tc.dim
readfile.py

Zhang Yunjun

May 28, 2024, 11:15:58 PMMay 28
to MintPy
Hi Sohrab,

It will be much more convenient to discuss this on GitHub (with the track changed highlighed). Could you open an issue there instead?

Yunjun

Sohrab Sharifi

May 29, 2024, 11:19:32 AMMay 29
to MintPy
Thank you for your response, Yunjun. I'm not really experienced with git but I tried my best to do so (credits to ChatGPT).

Sohrab