ERA-5 downloads > 12 hours per file

engelb...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2024, 10:57:33 AMFeb 23
to MintPy
Hi all,

I've been trying to run the tropospheric correction using ERA-5 and pyaps. The downloading for a single date is taking over 12 hours once the request is queued. This makes applying the correction infeasible.
Looking at the CDS website, I noted that they are migrating to a new CDS and disruptions are expected (https://forum.ecmwf.int/t/a-new-cds-soon-to-be-launched-expect-some-disruptions/1607). I suspect the cdsapi will be affected by the migration.

Is anyone aware of an alternative source to access the ERA-5 data that I can use in the interim? I found sites that host the ERA 5 LAND data but not the data on pressure levels that I need. Any advice would be appreciated.

All the best,

Jeanine

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Feb 23, 2024, 7:48:55 PMFeb 23
to MintPy
Hi Jeanine,

Yes, it is a common issue for all of us during the MintPy progress to download the ERA5 files.
Another solution can be doing the tropospheric correction using the GACOS outputs as the MintPy supports it.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Jeanine Engelbrecht

Feb 24, 2024, 3:29:16 AMFeb 24
to min...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sayyed, I'll give the GACOS a go. I appreciate the help.

All the best,
Jeanine