ASF AutoRift with MintPy

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Feb 9, 2024, 10:33:22 PMFeb 9
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,

I hope you are well.
I see a short conversation between you and Forrest (in 2021) about the possibility of using MintPy for the results of autoRIFT from the ASF HyP3 service but I am not sure if it was implemented or not.

Now, I want to generate a time series of autoRIFT results from the ASF HyP3 service. Could you please let me know if I can do the other steps of time series analysis with MintPy?

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Zhang Yunjun

Feb 10, 2024, 2:58:25 AMFeb 10
to MintPy
Hi Sayyed,

Yes, it's possible to do. The current version already has the functionality to load the az/rg offset stacks from Ampcor using these options (https://github.com/insarlab/MintPy/blob/a2ffa0462b6b790c5b6b6c3e2e72b3d9255a0718/src/mintpy/defaults/smallbaselineApp.cfg#L46-L51). But I am not sure about autoRIFT yet. And the rest of the individual steps (ifgram_inversion.py, tropo_pyaps.py, timeseries2velocity.py, etc.) also support the offset type. But the user support is not ready yet: no routine workflow, no documentation except for the comment in the code, and no robust common error checking.

Regards,
Yunjun

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Feb 10, 2024, 8:01:49 PMFeb 10
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,

Thank you for your guidance.
It seems that the results of ASF autoRIFT will be saved in the ".nc" file which is completely different from what we have from offset stacks by Ampcor. So, it will take time to make MintPy compatible with the ASF autoRIFT results.
BTW, I will try to go through offset stacks from Ampcor with MintPy and share my notes here with others if anybody else wants to use this approach.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Eric Fielding

Feb 11, 2024, 8:04:23 AMFeb 11
to MintPy
It is great that there is some code in MintPy to load pixel offsets in azimuth and range directions from ISCE2 Ampcor. Does MintPy support the NISAR radar-coordinates pixel offsets (ROFF) and geocoded pixel offsets (GOFF) processed with ISCE3? Or only the output of the Ampcor and cuAmpcor from ISCE2?

The NISAR ROFF and GOFF are stored in HDF5 files, which is similar to NetCDF4. The NISAR Cryosphere team have their own software for working with pixel offset tracking data since that is one of their key ice velocity datasets.

Thanks,
    ++Eric

Zhang Yunjun

Mar 13, 2024, 10:33:38 AMMar 13
to MintPy
Hi Eric,

Currently, only the stack of cuAmpcor from ISCE2 is supported for loading. I have not played with the NISAR ROFF/GOFF products yet.

Yunjun