Number of Non-Zero Triplets

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Apr 30, 2024, 7:29:39 AMApr 30
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,

Hope you are well.
As we know, we can have the number of Non-Zero Triplets in ".h5" format after the unwrapping correction step (PNG format attached here).
If we would like to know how many total triplets we have to compare with the number of Non-zero, are there any saved products from the MintPy to show this number (total triplets)?

Sincerely,
Sayyed
numTriNonzeroIntAmbiguity.png

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Apr 30, 2024, 1:00:05 PMApr 30
to MintPy
It seems that if we run "  from the scripts of the MintPy, we can see the total number of Triplets in the command line.
I would be happy if we could see this parameter in the saved ".h5" files.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Zhang Yunjun

May 1, 2024, 9:19:37 AMMay 1
to MintPy
Hi Sayyed,

For me, I always save the printout msg from isce2 and mintpy into a log file, so I can always go back to check the details. But sure, we could save this number into an attribute, e.g. TOTAL_NUM_TRIPLET, while saving the numTriNonzeroIntAmbiguity.h5 file (https://github.com/insarlab/MintPy/blob/4d34412b811016e02b9dfc45dc6af519bca85f6a/src/mintpy/unwrap_error_phase_closure.py#L175). Please feel free to open an PR for it on GitHub.

Then you can run info.py numTriNonzeroIntAmbiguity.h5 to check this attribute.

Yunjun

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

May 1, 2024, 9:32:42 PMMay 1
to MintPy
Hi Yunjun,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Due to speeding up the ISCE and MintPy processing in our server, I ignored saving the printout msg into a log file. In this case, I just wrote a simple Shell script to rerun the "unwrap_error_phase_closure.py" code for all processed frames to know the total number of triplets.
I read your explanations about this parameter (number of non-zero phase closure triplets) and thought that it would be a good idea to prepare a map of normalized numTriNonzeroIntAmbiguity by the total number of triplets to represent the areas that potentially suffer from the unwrapping error for the large-scale deformation monitoring project.

I opened a PR for it on GitHub to have it as an attribute in the saved ".h5" file.

Sincerely,
Sayyed