Estimating vertical displacement with asc_desc2horz_vert.py

Rainer Gardeweg

Apr 2, 2024, 7:49:07 AMApr 2
to MintPy
Hi everyone,

I have been running MintPy for both an ascending and descending track over the same AOI using the same reference point. I,ve attached the text file I used to define the parameters to run mintpy to this mail.

To estimate the vertical displacement, I tried running asc_desc2horz_vert.py. Initially, I encountered an error indicating that the spatial resolution of the input files wasn't identical. I managed to resolve this issue by using the geocode.py script choosing --lalo -0.000185185 0.000185185. Even after perfoming this step, I still receive the following error message:

asc_desc2horz_vert.py asc_geo_velocity_msk.h5 desc_geo_velocity_msk.h5
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/mconda/miniconda3/envs/InSARenv/bin/asc_desc2horz_vert.py", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
             ^^^^^^
  File "/home/user/tools_insar/proc_insar/MintPy/src/mintpy/cli/asc_desc2horz_vert.py", line 137, in main
    inps = cmd_line_parse(iargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/user/tools_insar/proc_insar/MintPy/src/mintpy/cli/asc_desc2horz_vert.py", line 129, in cmd_line_parse
    raise ValueError(msg)
ValueError: REF_LAT/LON difference between input files > 3 pixels!
file: asc_geo_velocity_msk.h5
        REF_LAT/LON: [42.55858200, 74.57468400]
file: desc_geo_velocity_msk.h5
        REF_LAT/LON: [42.55879000, 74.57623000]

I used the identical reference point (mintpy.reference.lalo  = 42.55877, 74.57563) when running MintPy, so I'm unsure how to resolve this problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it or has encountered a similar issue before?

Thanks in advance for your help!
MintPy_test.txt

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Apr 2, 2024, 10:07:04 PMApr 2
to MintPy
Hi,

Although you set the same reference point in the template files to run the MintPy, the locations will differ after the other steps such as geocoding. So, I suggest you set the same reference point (the nearest to the previous one you have) for both of them using the "reference_point.py" code in the MintPy package. Then, everything will be OK.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Rainer Gardeweg

Apr 3, 2024, 4:12:05 AMApr 3
to MintPy
Hi Sayyed,

thank you very much for your fast response! So, you mean running "refernce_point.py" on the two velocity files I use for asc_desc2horz_vert.py?

Best regards
Rainer

Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh

Apr 3, 2024, 4:59:46 AMApr 3
to MintPy
Yes, exactly with the coordinates to the new reference point, which should be the same for both frames.