*Important* - Upcoming mailing list migration.

Scott Garman

Jan 21, 2014, 6:19:36 PM1/21/14
to minno...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

To date the MinnowBoard mailing list has been hosted on Google Groups.
This has been problematic for our friends in China, whose government
blocks most of Google's services, and they have been unable to
participate in this forum. Because of this I have been looking for other
alternatives to host our mailing list.

Bill Traynor of elinux.org has been very helpful and has offered us a
mailing list hosted there. I've tested this list with a couple of folks
from China and they don't have any issues using it. Seeing that we
already host our wiki on elinux.org, doing the same with our mailing
list seems like a good option.

In the next couple of days I will post instruction on where you can
subscribe to the new list. Right now I'm in the process of ensuring we
have searchable list archives and a web-based gateway for posting
messages for people who prefer that method (fwiw I'm using Nabble).

I just wanted go give people a heads-up on this upcoming change.

Regards,

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Engineer - Yocto Project

Iain

Jan 21, 2014, 7:19:49 PM1/21/14
to minno...@googlegroups.com, Scott Garman
On 21/01/14 23:19, Scott Garman wrote:

> In the next couple of days I will post instruction on where you can
> subscribe to the new list. Right now I'm in the process of ensuring we
> have searchable list archives and a web-based gateway for posting
> messages for people who prefer that method (fwiw I'm using Nabble).

Can I suggest making it available via gmane as well ?

Scott Garman

Jan 21, 2014, 7:53:56 PM1/21/14
to minno...@googlegroups.com
I suppose there's no downsides to adding gmane as well (personally I'm
not a fan of their UI). I'll include this - thanks for the feedback.