Visto 202 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

JB Williams

no leída,
17 oct 2013, 14:15:5017/10/13
a minno...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I am attempting to load the latest production image (production-Angstrom-development-GNOME-image-eglibc-ipk-v2012.12-minnow-2013.07.10.img) onto and SSD and boot this on the minnow.

I have tried dd'ing the image to the SSD and then editing the grub.conf:

menuentry 'boot'{
linux /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2 ro rootwait quiet  console=ttyPCH0,115200 console=tty0 vmalloc=256MB snd-hda-intel.enable_msi=0
}

This gets me to the grub prompt starts to boot and then the system just hangs.

Is anyone able to tell me what I may be doing wrong, what I should try or just has plain instructions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

-JBw

Bryan Smith

no leída,
18 oct 2013, 2:08:5018/10/13
a minno...@googlegroups.com
Hey JB,

You have the wrong image buddy, it's the kernel actually. Being that everything is primarily builtin there isn't a ramdisk there so the rootfs needs to be on mmc. No modules for your sata disk are there.

You need to grab this image instead, but I'd go for the other link I have pasted which is newer and actually the latest.

v2012.12

v2013.06

Koen posted a message here with the relevant links titled "New SD card images for minnow, please test"

Bryan

JB Williams

no leída,
18 oct 2013, 9:17:3118/10/13
a minno...@googlegroups.com
Bryan,

Thank you for clearing that up. Hddimg (slaps forehead), makes sense (laughs).

Technical details notwithstanding (although they are very appreciated) I didn't see any docs that at least say: use these images for sata.

Maybe I missed it, but everything I found seemed so focused on the sdcard. No doubt there was thickheadedness involved as well.

Thanks again.

-JBw

Scott Garman

no leída,
18 oct 2013, 11:59:1318/10/13
a minno...@googlegroups.com,Jayneil Dalal
On 10/18/2013 06:17 AM, JB Williams wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> Thank you for clearing that up. Hddimg (slaps forehead), makes sense
> (laughs).
>
> Technical details notwithstanding (although they are very appreciated) I
> didn't see any docs that at least say: use these images for sata.
>
> Maybe I missed it, but everything I found seemed so focused on the
> sdcard.

You're right about this. Jayneil - we'll need to document this process
for installing the image onto a hard drive on the wiki.

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Engineer - Yocto Project

Koen Kooi

no leída,
19 oct 2013, 10:51:5819/10/13
a minno...@googlegroups.com

Op 18 okt. 2013, om 08:08 heeft Bryan Smith <bryans...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> Hey JB,
>
> You have the wrong image buddy, it's the kernel actually. Being that everything is primarily builtin there isn't a ramdisk there so the rootfs needs to be on mmc. No modules for your sata disk are there.

Both SATA and MMC drivers are built in, just run the mkefi.sh and point it to your SSD. Having said that, not all uEFI firmwares are created equal, I know booting from SATA "just worked" 3 months ago, but I haven't tried it with the latest uEFI.

regards,

Koen

Hart, Darren

no leída,
4 nov 2013, 12:19:514/11/13
a minno...@googlegroups.com
I've been booting over SATA/SSD on the latest firmware for last few
weeks without issue.

--
Darren
Se ha eliminado el mensaje

Jayneil Dalal

no leída,
6 dic 2013, 19:33:576/12/13
a minno...@googlegroups.com
The steps for installing Angstrom on a HDD have been documented below on the MinnowBoard elinux wiki:

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos