Identifying Participant ID's for Tracking Overtime

Audrey Brown

Jan 5, 2024, 5:09:57 PMJan 5
to Minno.js
Hello! We would like to have participants complete the Race IAT multiple times over the course of time. How can identify or associate each specific participant? When I receive the results in OSF, the file names, of course, have a session number, but is there anyone to capture some sort of data so we can track the same participant over time?

Yoav Bar-Anan

Jan 12, 2024, 3:44:12 PMJan 12
to Audrey Brown, Minno.js
Hi Audrey,

The easiest implementation of multiple sessions is if your participants have some kind of id. For example, in Prolific, each participant knows their Prolific ID and you can ask them to enter that ID at the beginning of each session. We have an example for a study from Prolific here.
So, if your participants have their own id, they can enter that in a questionnaire very similar to the Prolific ID questionnaire that starts our Prolific example.

I should note that we are working one on a new version for integrating our Minno library with DataPipe. In that version, we will provide support for adding variables to the URL and recording them with the data. For example, if you redirect participants from Qualtrics to our system and you know the participant's ID, you can write code in Qualtrics that will redirect the participants to your Minno study and add the ID to the URL. For example: "https://baranan.github.io/minno-tasks/studies/datapipe.example.iat/exampleiat.html?qID=xyz
I hope we release this version in a couple of days.

All the best,
Yoav