Need Help

Hridya Mondal

Oct 21, 2021, 11:23:36 PM10/21/21
to Minno.js
Dear All:
I am a Ph.D. candidate, and my dissertation topic is measuring implicit bias among higher education admissions administrators and correlating their age, gender and race. I am new to this site and just joined. I got access to Qualtrics through my university. I need to create a link for the survey. If anyone can help me out and I do not mind compensating for your time and cooperation. Do I need to install JavaScript?
Would you mind helping and advising? That would be greatly appreciated?
Regards,
Hridya

Mayan Navon

Oct 22, 2021, 3:21:18 AM10/22/21
to Hridya Mondal, Minno.js
Hi Hridya,

Here is our step-by-step tutorial on how to use our IAT script within Qualtrics.
Let us know if you encounter problems on any of these steps.

Best,
Mayan

Mayan

Rita Ghosh

Oct 22, 2021, 9:05:55 AM10/22/21
to Minno.js
Thank you Mayan. Do I need to download JavaScript in my computer?
Regards,
Hridya

Mayan Navon

Oct 23, 2021, 11:16:05 AM10/23/21
to Hridya Mondal, Minno.js
Hi Hridya,

After you paste the example code where instructed (on Qualtrics), just play the survey as you normally do.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 20:45, Hridya Mondal <mondal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mayan:
I followed the steps and now I am stuck. How do I run the code from the example? Can you take control of my computer and guide me through?

Thank you
Hridya

--
Mayan

Mayan Navon

Oct 25, 2021, 4:06:24 AM10/25/21
to Hridya Mondal, Minno.js
And what happens when you press space? (assuming you want to run the study on PCs, and not mobiles and tablets).

On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 20:22, Hridya Mondal <mondal...@gmail.com> wrote:
image.png
After viewing it showed like that.

--
Mayan

Hridya Mondal

Oct 25, 2021, 11:23:58 PM10/25/21
to Minno.js
Dear Mayan:
It is running fine in Qualtrics. I need help after that. Then I got lost such as do I have use page break, add blocks? What should I do after that?
Thank you,
Regards,
Hridya

Mayan Navon

Oct 26, 2021, 2:21:02 AM10/26/21
to Hridya Mondal, Minno.js
Hi Hridya,

You need to use a separate block for the IAT task and a separate block for other tasks.

Best,
Mayan

--
Mayan

Rita Ghosh

Oct 28, 2021, 9:29:50 AM10/28/21
to Minno.js
Dear Mayan:
Thank you. I have separate page break and separate block for each question. I am upto here. "This code will run our example Qualtric IAT from this page. Start with that example. After you verify that it runs fine on your Qualtrics survey, replace it with your own IAT (we’ll get to that shortly)". Please advise what I should do after that. I really need your help because I am running out my time, please.

Thank you,

Regards,

Hridya

IMPORTANT NOT

Mayan Navon

Oct 28, 2021, 10:28:33 AM10/28/21
to Rita Ghosh, Minno.js
Hi,

Did you run the task with our example to see if it works for you?
If you did and you did not encounter any problems, then the next step is to copy the script below "How we define the IAT" to a notepad and modify the category labels (category1's name property and media property, same for category2, and stimuli (under 'image'), and the url to the location of your images (base_url). Then, you need to upload that script to a server, such as github (this could also be the place where you store your images), and put the link to that server in the first script, the one you have put in Qualtrics' question as JavaScript. here:
// Run your study (just set the correct URL)
        minnoJS(canvas, 'https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/baranan/minno-tasks@0.*/IAT/qualtrics/exampleQIAT.js');

Hridya Mondal

Oct 31, 2021, 12:47:53 AM10/31/21
to Minno.js
Hi Mayan:
I am lost. Could you please take control my computer and have a look any time at your convenient.
Regards,
Hridya

Yoav Bar-Anan

Oct 31, 2021, 1:22:48 AM10/31/21
to Hridya Mondal, Minno.js
Dear Hridya,

The solution we provide is free, and we try to give some help using this group, like many other online help groups. This is especially true if there are questions that can also help others in the future. However, it is possible that not everyone can follow our tutorials and set up the IAT on qualtrics using only our guides and help in this group. We are sorry about that but we cannot provide help beyond a few answers in this group and our tutorials.

All the best,
Yoav

Hridya Mondal

Oct 31, 2021, 11:19:49 AM10/31/21
to Minno.js
Dear Yoav and Mayan:
Yes, I understood that I am asking too much because I am not an IT expert. I will try more and more to follow the scripts you suggested. I am running out of my time. May I request you that do you know anyone who can help me to develop my IAT-age, sex and race? It would be outside of this Google group conversation who can help me out, otherwise, I have to change my dissertation topic and will be behind six months. Please advise.
Thank you,
Regards,
Hridya

Hridya Mondal

Nov 8, 2021, 2:13:06 PM11/8/21
to Minno.js
 Dear All:
I have followed Google group and could run IAT Race example in Qualtrics. I have two questions. 1) Do I need to modify IAT race for my study or I can use "As Is" for the survey. Secondly, Do I need to create three different survey Links, or I can use one Link for all three (IAT-Race, Age and Sex)? Also advise regarding blocks and page break that would be appreciated.

Mayan Navon

Nov 9, 2021, 2:56:42 AM11/9/21
to Hridya Mondal, Minno.js
Hi Hridya,

Great!
1) you can use it as is.
2) That depends on your preferences. You can create different blocks on qualtrics, one for each IAT, and then you'll have the same link.
We don't provide support for Qualtrics (you can contact them for support). But, in this case the solution is very simple: the add page break is located in the menu that opens once you press the 3 dots at the right upper corner of an existing question (see below), and the add block is located at the end of each existing block (see below). For further questions regarding Qualtrics, please contact Qualtrics support.
image.png
image.png

--
Mayan

Hridya Mondal

Nov 9, 2021, 9:15:53 AM11/9/21
to Minno.js
Dear Mayan:
Thank you for your response. Could you please share an example link for IAT-Age and IAT-Sex/Gender, the similar to the one IAT-race that would be greatly appreciated. I think I getting into it.
Regards,

Hridya

Mayan Navon

Nov 10, 2021, 8:02:36 AM11/10/21
to Hridya Mondal, Minno.js
You need to create your own script, based on our tutorials. For the Race IAT this is not necessary, because the stimuli in our example are for the Race IAT. So you can use it as is.
For any other IAT - you'll need to create it on your own, using our tutorial.

Good luck.

--
Mayan

Yoav Bar-Anan

Nov 10, 2021, 8:09:33 AM11/10/21
to Minno.js
There are a few example scripts in this folder. They might help create the IATs you need (age is there, not sure what sex/gnder is).  Yoav