Qualtrics IAT extension: cleaning data / broken link

jesst...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2021, 9:24:04 PM7/14/21
to Minno.js
Hi all,

I am transitioning to Qualtrics for my IAT work (have used the PI dashboard up to this point), and I am trying to make sure I have all the necessary pieces before I attempt to analyze the data in my test studies.
I was reading through the Using Minno with Qualtrics article by Elad Zlotnick (here: https://minnojs.github.io/minnojs-blog/qualtrics/) and the 'safer' / more involved script for extracting data link is not working (at the end of the article).

I wanted to ask:
1. If anyone hows where to find the actual "safer" / more involved article for cleaning qualtrics IAT data.
2. Any additional references / resources for cleaning qualtrics IAT data (in R, SPSS, or SAS).

Thank you for your time!

Jessica Campbell
Doctoral Candidate - Social Psychology
Department of Psychology
University of Florida

Jessica Campbell

Jul 15, 2021, 5:25:45 PM7/15/21
to Yoav Bar-Anan, Minno.js
Hello,

Thank you very much, Yoav! I appreciate this information, it certainly helps.
I have one more clarifying question (and I am happy to make a separate thread if it's more convenient / useful for the collective!).

I have built an IAT that is fully functional, but when I download the test data the IAT column is blank. My question is: do I need to create my own logger to store my results? If I do, is it appropriate to create a logger via Github?

Presently, I've created my own static pages for the full IAT (https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/jessicampbell/iat/iat1trans.js) and the Qualtrics JavaScript information for the IAT "question" (https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/jessicampbell/iat/transiat.js). I updated each file to reflect my own IAT information (i.e., updated to transgender / cisgender categories and good / bad attributes). I did not edit or update any other lines on either of the static pages.
The test is fully functional in Qualtrics and it runs in both the 'preview' and 'published' formats. Based on the resource you offered, it does not appear that I need to generate a logger of my own. However, no matter what I do the 'IAT' column on the csv file is blank.

Thank you for your support, time, and guidance!

Jessica

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 6:01 AM Yoav Bar-Anan <bar...@tauex.tau.ac.il> wrote:
Hi Jessica,

Here is the post about running the IAT from Qualtrics. It includes some details about how to handle the data, and a link to an R script that I created to test one of our examples.

All the best,
Yoav

Yoav Bar-Anan

Yoav Bar-Anan

Jul 16, 2021, 2:33:59 PM7/16/21
to Minno.js
Hi Jessica,

It seems you copied your full IAT from ours, so it has all the relevant logger code. Did you first confirm that you can read the data successfully when using our example (script and extension)? That will give us some clues about where the problem is.

One thing I can mention right away, without starting to test that everything still works as expected is that it is sometimes not easy to see the data using Excel. It might look empty, until you click on the cell in Excel. And, even then, it looks like a mess until you use an R script to get the data from the relevant cell (or follow the steps indicated in the post).

All the best,
Yoav