getting the IAT in the language 'Hindi"

shivani yadav

Jul 13, 2021, 1:56:32 AM7/13/21
to Minno.js
Hey everyone,
I am a PhD candidate from Delhi, India. I wish to use IAT in my research. While piloting for the same, I realized that a certain level of people are not comfortable with the language and since they are well versed with the national language 'Hindi', the efficient and reliable results can be expected only if the test is in Hindi.

Can someone please help me with that. The Minno.js software is about designing your own IAT where one can change the codes and words. I don't understand how to feed a different language into that.

Thanks
Shivani Yadav

Yoav Bar-Anan

Jul 16, 2021, 11:48:15 AM7/16/21
to shivani yadav, Minno.js
Hi Shivani,

I would first recommend making sure you can successfully use Minno.js for running an IAT in English, either in Qualtrics, Pavlovia, or by installing our complete platform on your own server machine, or a more simple server on your php server. For each option, the links I provided will bring you to the relevant guides. And, you can read more about these options in this page

After you have a working IAT in English, you can translate all the text to any other language by changing the relevant parameters in your script that will use the IAT extension. As explained in the relevant post, at the beginning of the complete IAT script (i.e., the script of the IAT extension), you can see all the possible arguments (i.e., the parameters for the IAT) that researchers can define (i.e., change from the default). Go over all these parameters, and whenever you see a parameter that defines the text that would be used in English, change the parameter in your script (the one that will use our extension).

I hope that helps,
Yoav

shivani yadav

Nov 27, 2021, 2:14:07 AM11/27/21
to Yoav Bar-Anan, min...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thank you for taking out the time to help me with IAT.

I have taken my time in exploring the above options and consulted with my research guides as well. We found the steps involved in setting up Qualtrics quite intuitive & overall Qualtrics seems to fit well to our design.
However, the option to customise using html code seems to be available only in the paid/premium versions of Qualtrics. Is there a free-ware option available?

Regards,
shivani
--
Shivani Yadav
Ph.D. Candidate, Economics

Yoav Bar-Anan

Nov 28, 2021, 2:29:19 AM11/28/21
to Minno.js, shivani yadav
Hi Shivani,

To the best of my knowledge, using Minno in Qualtrics always requires paying for Qualtrics.
In my previous response, I mentioned free solutions, but less simple (installing our complete platform on your own server machine, or a more simple server on your php server). As I mentioned before, you can read more about these options in this page

Yoav