Broken termination screen when using isTouch on race iat

mer...@stanford.edu

Sep 30, 2020, 2:31:59 PM9/30/20
to Minno.js
Hi there,

I have been working to implement the qualtrics version of the race IAT to work for both mobile and desktop users. Everything in the desktop version is working perfectly, and the touch version works almost perfectly with the exception of an inability to continue after completing the IAT. On the last screen where FinalTouchText should display, nothing shows up and there is only a green bar. Additionally, nothing happens when tapping or clicking that bar making it impossible to continue on after finishing the task. See screenshots below

I am running a basically unmodified version of this file, which I've hosted on a personal website. I am including links here to the survey, the extension for mobile users, and the base constructor file that is being referenced.

I've looked through the constructor file and it seems this line of code should display the finalTouchText as it does on the desktop version yet nothing shows up
media : {word : (isTouch ? piCurrent.finalTouchText : piCurrent.finalText)}

I'm also attaching a screenshot of what the final screen for the touch version currently looks like. This has been replicated on my computer and phone.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.30.22 AM.png

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to fix this, and thank you for your help!

Yoav Bar-Anan

Oct 1, 2020, 11:08:55 AM10/1/20
to mer...@stanford.edu, Minno.js
Hi,

This is probably a bug in our script. We'll let you know when a fix is deployed.

All the best,
Yoav

Joseph Samuel Mernyk

Oct 1, 2020, 12:07:13 PM10/1/20
to Minno.js
Hi Yoav,

Thanks for your response! We were hoping to run a study asap using the isTouch functionality. Do you have any sense of the timeline for pushing out a fix to this?

Thanks!
Joe

Yoav Bar-Anan

Oct 4, 2020, 9:19:26 AM10/4/20
to Minno.js
Hi Joe,

Sorry, I don't know exactly. It is a holiday here this week, so perhaps only next week.

All the best,
Yoav

Gal Maimon

Oct 6, 2020, 1:18:04 PM10/6/20
to Minno.js
Hey Joe,
 I fixed the problem and you can find the fixed form at the qiat9.js version.
let me know if you have more questions
Gal
ב-יום ראשון, 4 באוקטובר 2020 בשעה 16:19:26 UTC+3, Yoav Bar-Anan כתב/ה:

Joseph Samuel Mernyk

Oct 6, 2020, 7:43:22 PM10/6/20
to Minno.js
Thanks so much, Gal! I tested everything today and it seems to be working correctly. I really appreciate the quick turnaround on this fix and I'm sure others will too.

Have a great rest of your week!
Joe