Task stuck

Benedek Kurdi

Jun 25, 2021, 11:48:11 AM6/25/21
to Minno.js

Hi all,
I have a task that produces a strange behavior and I'm hoping you might be able to help me figure out why. The task is game1.js in this study (also attached as a *.txt).
The task is a reinforcement learning task in which the subject chooses from two options and depending on their choice get a reward or punishment. I first define some stimuli and then two trial types. At the end of the script (lines 654–666) I have a section where the number of repetitions for each type of trial in the sequence is defined. If I keep the number of trials at 10 for each (which was the original number I chose when I first wrote the code), the script works fine. If I change the number of trials to pretty much anything else (I've tried 1, 2, 5, and 8), the script is stuck after the last trial and does not proceed to the next task. I'm not getting any error message, just a blank screen with the canvas.
Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I'm super confused because it doesn't seem like the behavior of the task should depend on how many times each trial type is displayed.
Thanks so much for your help!
—Benedek

game1.txt