Saving data multiple times using simple minno server

Felix Lehmann

May 18, 2022, 7:57:15 AM5/18/22
to Minno.js
Hi everyone

I am a research assistant at a german university I am currently using the simple minno server for an study with an IAT. It consists of a presurvey, an IAT and a postsurvey. When I use the postCsv at the end of the study, it saves the csv and everything is fine.
Now if someone does the study and doesn't finish it, we get no data since it only saves at the end. When I then add a postCsv in the mgr after my IAT, i get two csv files if the user does the whole study (with different filenames). Now ideally i want the second file to overwrite the first one if the user completes the whole study.

Current situation:

presurvey
IAT
postCsv (with sessionID1)
postsurvey
postCsv (with sessionID2)

And I get 2 csv files:
sessionID1.csv (with data from presurvey and IAT)
sessionID2.csv (with data from presurvey, IAT and postsurvey)

My understanding of php is very limited, but I understood that the csv.php creates a new session id everytime it is called, so I somehow want to remember the first session ID for overwriting the data at the end.

What I tried so far:

I tried to set a cookie with the session ID, but in my understanding i can not access the cookie until I have reloaded the page, and the page doesn't reload.

I tried to start a php session in the index.html and set the session ID there, but that didn't work.  (and i wasn't able to debug it)

I didn't try the Minno Suite server yet, but that seems a bit overwhelming right now.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve my issue?

Best regards
Felix Lehmann

Felix Lehmann

Jun 3, 2022, 6:25:41 AM6/3/22
to Minno.js
Nevermind, I figured it out using cookies. If someone got a similar problem, feel free to send me an E-Mail.

Marija Bjegovichweidman

Jan 18, 2023, 4:24:18 PM1/18/23
to Minno.js
Felix, I am doing a Human Library project in our College of Nursing. I have hired a programmer to build four IATs for me using the minno and Qualtrics extension. I too am doing a pre IAT and two post Human Library IATs but I do NOT want to override previous results but compare changes in the three results which I hope will reflect a reduction in implicit bias due to the learning intervention. Project implicit won't help me decipher anything.  Are you open to doing a zoom call with me if we can align time zones? I am in the midwest United States- central time zone-Chicago.

Best,
Marija