multiple groups and instructions translation on AMP

יהל

Dec 17, 2020, 2:37:52 AM12/17/20
to Minno.js
Reward, motivation and emotion of pain and its relief

Hey,

First, thank you very much for creating this tool, it was incredibly helpful

I'm now using MinnoJS script for the AMP task, and I was wondering regarding two options:

1. can I configure more than 2 groups on the AMP task?

2. I found my participant find it hard sometimes to react intuitively to instructions not in their native language, and it's creating a lot of noise in my results. Is it possible to edit the instructions as well? Or if not, do you have a script with the instructions in Hebrew?

Thank you very much in advance,

Yahel

Mayan Navon

Dec 17, 2020, 2:44:14 AM12/17/20
to יהל, Minno.js
Hi Yahel,

Thanks for using MinnoJS.

First, are you using the dashboard, or the Qualtrics extension?

Thanks,
Mayan

Mayan

יהל

Dec 17, 2020, 2:51:21 AM12/17/20
to Minno.js

Hey,

Forgot to mention, I'm using the Qualtrics extension.

Yahel

ב-יום חמישי, 17 בדצמבר 2020 בשעה 09:44:14 UTC+2, navm...@gmail.com כתב/ה:

Yoav Bar-Anan

Dec 18, 2020, 8:24:17 AM12/18/20
to Minno.js
Based on the details you provided, I assume you're using this extension, as described in this blog post.

| 1. can I configure more than 2 groups on the AMP task?

YBA: If you mean the prime categories, then yes. The object primeCats is an array and you can probably include as many prime-category objects as you want.
For example:
                     primeCats :  [
{
nameForFeedback : 'positive words',  //Will be used in the user feedback
nameForLogging : 'positive', //Will be used in the logging
//An array of all media objects for this category.
mediaArray : [{word : 'Wonderful'}, {word : 'Great'}]
},
{
nameForFeedback : 'negative words',  //Will be used in the user feedback
nameForLogging : 'negative', //Will be used in the logging
mediaArray : [{word : 'Awful'}, {word : 'Horrible'}]
},
{
nameForFeedback : 'other words',  //Will be used in the user feedback
nameForLogging : 'other', //Will be used in the logging
mediaArray : [{word : 'what'}, {word : 'sure'}]
}
],

| 2. I found my participant find it hard sometimes to react intuitively to instructions not in their native language, and it's creating a lot of noise in my results. Is it possible to edit the instructions as well? Or if not, do you have a script with the instructions in Hebrew?

YBA: The instructions are parameters that you can change. There are many instructions parameters (e.g., search for firstBlockInst in the script, and you will see the other relevant parameters around it), and there's an endText parameter to change the text shown at the end.

I hope that helps.
Yoav

יהל

Dec 22, 2020, 5:39:35 PM12/22/20
to Minno.js
thank you so much for the help and for this exceptional tool!
it has been of a great help for me
Yahel
ב-יום שישי, 18 בדצמבר 2020 בשעה 15:24:17 UTC+2, Yoav Bar-Anan כתב/ה: