Touch ST-IAT in Qualtrics

Daniel P

Mar 12, 2024, 10:04:52 PMMar 12
to Minno.js
Hi,

I am looking to run a ST-IAT on touch screen devices in Qualtrics.

I can see the touch option on the web example ST-IAT, but unlike with the standard IAT, I cant see an option to activate touch in the API for the ST-IAT.

Is there any pre-existing resource to help me get this running, or should I have a go at pulling this together from the guides?

Thanks!
Dan

Yoav Bar-Anan

Mar 13, 2024, 9:10:34 AMMar 13
to Daniel P, Minno.js
Hi Dan,

There is no touch version for the ST-IAT. If you want to add support, perhaps looking at how we support touch in the IAT and the Brief-IAT extensions (and, the general documentation site might also help).

I think that some users in this forum reported that the touch version of the IAT does not work well from Qualtrics. We never tested it.

Please note that we no longer maintain (fix, test) Project Implicit's Qualtrics IAT. Instead, we recommend using Project Implicit's free IAT solution. Replacing the IAT extensions with the ST-IAT extension in that example is easy. However, you will still need to add touch support.

All the best,
Yoav