(Extreme Novice) Issues with text: unable to change it

Lorenzo Spadavecchia

Mar 30, 2021, 8:54:29 AM3/30/21
to Minno.js
Hi all,

Sorry for the silly question, I am new to JS and HTML.

I am using Prof. Yoav Bar-Anan's code for implementing a IAT with Qualtrics https://github.com/baranan/minno-tasks/blob/master/IAT/qualtrics/quiat10.js

I would like to change part of the text, for example the debriefingTextBottom (line 326).

Let us suppose I would like to start a new line.
The original code is

debriefingTextBottom : 'This result is not a definitive assessment of your attitudes. It is provided for educational purposes only. Press space to continue.',

I tried the following (it is not properly what i need to do, but i try to remain basic in my request)

When it is displayed, however, it does not start a new line, but instead it displays the code (see attachment).

Does any of you know what I am missing?

textproblem.png

Thanks so much,

Lorenzo

Yoav Bar-Anan

Mar 31, 2021, 10:34:14 AM3/31/21
to Lorenzo Spadavecchia, Minno.js
Hi Lorenzo,

Text parameters receive text, and do not parse HTML code, so you are rather limited in this case. You could copy our extension to your folder and change it a bit to support html. In the present case, I suspect that what you would need to change is in line 1342 (change 'word' to 'html'):
media : {html : (isTouch ? piCurrent.debriefingTextBottomTouch : piCurrent.debriefingTextBottom)},

However, I haven't tested it, so I am not sure whether that would work for you.

All the best,
Yoav

Lorenzo Spadavecchia

Apr 5, 2021, 8:45:05 AM4/5/21
to Minno.js
Dear Prof. Bar-Anan,

thanks for your answer! I'll follow the steps you suggest.

Thanks again for all your help and for making public your material for academic use.

Best,

Lorenzo