Provide feedback on item level

Miao Qian

Sep 15, 2020, 9:56:25 PM9/15/20
to Minno.js

Hi, I am piloting a child-friendly Age implicit task  which asks children to group Good and Young, Bad and Old together. I gave feedback on ACC and RT for each block (see “//Report accuracy to the participant”). I wonder how to give item-level feedback, such as ACC and RT when Ps respond to of1(image of old female face #1)? Thank you!

Miao Qian

Elad Zlotnick

Sep 16, 2020, 3:44:48 AM9/16/20
to Minno.js
Hi,

Do you mean to display statistics fore each stimulus separately at the end of the block, or simply after each trial?

best,
Elad

Elad Zlotnick

Sep 17, 2020, 3:32:37 AM9/17/20
to Minno.js
Hi Miao,

Please respond to questions within the group so that others can benefit from the discussion.
In order to accomplish your request, you need some JavaScript programming.

All the data regarding user responses can be found in current.logs (It's an array of logs).
Within these logs you can find the image name (log.media[0]), the latency of response (log.latency), and score (log.data.score).
Using these you can compute error rates and response times for each image.

In your place, I'd create a helper function to do this, and add it to current, so that I could use it within the debriefing.

Best,
Elad

Miao Qian

Sep 18, 2020, 8:02:02 AM9/18/20
to Minno.js
Thank you Elad. This is super helpful.

Miao Qian

Oct 6, 2020, 10:10:26 PM10/6/20
to Minno.js
Hi Elad, I was thinking to create a map to store all the key value pairs. Does it support something like "var datamap = new Map()"? Can I use it in Minno?
Thanks

Miao

Elad Zlotnick

Oct 14, 2020, 9:14:55 AM10/14/20
to Minno.js
"Map" is a Javascript feature that you can use if you want within Minno.
I'd advise against using it because it is not well supported by all browsers  (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Map#Browser_compatibility)
You can use a plain Javascript object instead

var datamap = {};
datamap.a1 = 'a1 item';
datamap.a2 = 'a2 item';

and so on.