Participant-controlled sound file

Benedek Kurdi

May 21, 2021, 7:41:46 AM5/21/21
to Minno.js
Hi all,
I'm trying to implement a study where (some) participants will be asked to listen to a longer audio file as part of the experiment. From Tessa I received some code that shows how a sound file can generally be made part of a study and it looks pretty simple:
I was wondering though whether there was an easy way to make sure that the participant had control over when the sound file would start and also a way to track where they are relative to the whole duration of the file.
So maybe some kind of very simple player with a play (and maybe pause) button and a progress bar?
Thanks so much!
—Benedek

Elad Zlotnick

May 24, 2021, 6:07:41 AM5/24/21
to Minno.js
Hi Benedek,

Do you need this in the context of minno-time or would minno-quest be good?
In other words, what type of responses do you expect to gather?

best,
Elad

Benedek Kurdi

May 24, 2021, 7:09:54 AM5/24/21
to Minno.js

Hi Elad,
Minno-quest would be perfect. I don't need to collect any reaction time data.
Thanks so much!
—Benedek

Elad Zlotnick

May 24, 2021, 1:34:01 PM5/24/21
to Minno.js
See this: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/audio
Simply incorporate the html into part of you question (stem or info would be perfect).

Benedek Kurdi

May 25, 2021, 9:01:46 AM5/25/21
to Minno.js

Amazing, thanks so much! This turned out to be super simple to implement.
—Benedek