Come Play Mahjong on April 27

Chris Schumann

Apr 1, 2013, 4:30:44 PM4/1/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

It's time for another open mahjong session!

Join us from 11:00AM until 3:00PM at Davanni's in Roseville - 1905 W Perimeter Dr.

Who's in?

Chris

Mahjong is the four-player Chinese game that plays like Gin Rummy, but uses tiles instead of cards. If you can count to nine, you can learn mahjong. We just play for points, so it's low pressure, and we're always happy to have beginners, or people who need to be reminded of the rules. If you're more advanced and looking for a challenge, we can handle that too!

Come and go as you must, and we'll find a spot for you to play. We have the party room until 3:00PM.

There are many ways to play mahjong, and we play and teach the rules used by the World Series of Mahjong tournament because it's advanced enough to have offensive and defensive play, but it's also simple enough for beginners to learn. We can also play riichi mahjong played in Japan, or Mahjong Competition Rules used in national championships in China and Europe.

Davanni's does not charge for using their party room, but asks that each person buys $5 of food or drink. This Davanni's has a Coke Freestyle machine with something like 150 flavors of beverages. Davanni's usually has coupons on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/davannis

Come join us for excellent pizza, a bewildering soft drink selection, the fascinating company, the mental stimulation, and the clacking of the tiles.

Arnette

Apr 1, 2013, 6:23:55 PM4/1/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
ME!!!

Arnette Awe
Prudential Lovejoy Realty

Beth Redfern

Apr 1, 2013, 8:58:46 PM4/1/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear from you. I got an e-mail from Chris googlegroups too. I am in withdrawal  and in need of Mahjong.I sent it to Jim Detry as he plays Riichi and is the one who helped me to first play  in Roseville . Miss seeing you. I am doing taxes and trying to make a trip to Seattle for visit in near future. Will let you know later. Hope to make it  on 21st.      Me  too!!

Apr 2, 2013, 8:22:24 AM4/2/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

I am in for one.

It's time for another open mahjong session!

Join us from 11:00AM until 3:00PM at Davanni's in Roseville - 1905 W Perimeter Dr.

Who's in?

Chris

Image removed by sender.Mahjong is the four-player Chinese game that plays like Gin Rummy, but uses tiles instead of cards. If you can count to nine, you can learn mahjong. We just play for points, so it's low pressure, and we're always happy to have beginners, or people who need to be reminded of the rules. If you're more advanced and looking for a challenge, we can handle that too!

[...]

This electronic message including any attachments ("Message") may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under trade secret and other applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, permanently delete all copies of this Message, and be aware that examination, use, dissemination, duplication or disclosure of this Message is strictly prohibited.

Diane Skeffington

Apr 6, 2013, 12:30:39 PM4/6/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jennifer Root

Apr 12, 2013, 12:09:53 AM4/12/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
I'm in!  :-)
~Jennifer

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:30:44 -0700
From: chris.s...@gmail.com

To: minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

Chris Schumann

Apr 12, 2013, 9:49:08 AM4/12/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Woo!
That's 25 so far!

Chris

Robyn Beth Priestley

Apr 12, 2013, 12:05:16 PM4/12/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
It's Art Crawl that weekend, so I won't be able to make it, have fun!

Robyn Priestley
Painted Turtle Design

Beth Redfern

Apr 13, 2013, 5:53:57 PM4/13/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Count me in!! Beth

Apr 23, 2013, 2:46:02 PM4/23/13
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
We now have about 26 people signed up for mahjong on Saturday!

I know it could be a gorgeous day, but I'll be there ready to play... maybe even outside.

Chris