Open Mahjong September 27

Chris Schumann

Sep 21, 2015, 11:57:57 AM9/21/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
It's time for another open mahjong session!

Join us from 2:00PM until 5:00PM on Sunday, September 27 at Davanni's in Roseville - 1905 W Perimeter Dr.

Who's in? (RSVPs appreciated)

Chris

Mahjong is the four-player Chinese game that plays like Gin Rummy, but uses tiles instead of cards. If you can count to nine, you can learn mahjong. We just play for points, so it's low pressure, and we're always happy to have beginners, or people who need to be reminded of the rules. If you're more advanced and looking for a challenge, we can handle that too!

Come and go as you must, and we'll find a spot for you to play.

There are many ways to play mahjong, and we play and teach the rules used by the World Series of Mahjong tournament because it's advanced enough to have offensive and defensive play, but it's also simple enough for beginners to learn. We can also play riichi mahjong played in Japan, or Mahjong Competition Rules used in national championships in China and Europe.

Davanni's does not charge for using their party room, but asks that each person buys $5 of food or drink. This Davanni's has a Coke Freestyle machine with something like 150 flavors of beverages. Davanni's usually has coupons on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/davannis

Come join us for excellent pizza, a bewildering soft drink selection, the fascinating company, the mental stimulation, and the clacking of the tiles.

Hope to see you there!

PS - The room might be used by Twin Cities Boardgames right after this session, so if you're into modern (or classic) board games, stick around for that too.

Dan Kalmen

Sep 21, 2015, 12:55:49 PM9/21/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

I will be there , sounds like a great time.  Dan

This electronic message including any attachments ("Message") may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under trade secret and other applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, permanently delete all copies of this Message, and be aware that examination, use, dissemination, duplication or disclosure of this Message is strictly prohibited.

Chris Schumann

Sep 21, 2015, 2:54:07 PM9/21/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
Great, Dan!

See you there.
Chris

James Davie

Sep 21, 2015, 5:43:15 PM9/21/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
I will be there.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

James

Chris Schumann

Sep 24, 2015, 1:12:03 PM9/24/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club