MSP Riichi Club opening for new members

mspr...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2016, 3:45:29 PM7/15/16
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
Hello!

Our Riichi group decided to open to new members and to try to organize more sessions.  The club is a little different than some others; Its purpose is specifically organize and schedule games between 4 players, as opposed to organizing large/group events.  It's basically a mailing list that sends out regular invitations to open games.

Games that take place at the usual club venue are played on an autotable.  Come play a few hanchan on our ridiculous gadget!

Check out our site for photos and information on venue, rule set, and joining: https://mspriichi.wordpress.com/

Happy to answer any questions.
See you for a game soon!
- William

Clif Brittain

Nov 9, 2016, 3:37:34 PM11/9/16
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
I am a beginner and would like to learn in a low-pressure, high assistance situation.   I note that this posting was made several months ago.  Is the offer still open, and would this be an appropriate learning forum?

MSPRC Mailing List

Nov 10, 2016, 1:27:18 PM11/10/16
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely, I'm happy to set up a study session.  Let me use this opportunity to let this group know that everyone in the club so far is really friendly, and it's a very casual & low pressure atmosphere in general.  The open games listed on our site are more 'serious', only in that we keeps stats (which we just started recently).  But we also organize unlisted events, casual sessions just for fun, as well as study sessions that aren't listed on the site.  You don't have to be a member to join a game, but signing up does get you on our mailing list and keeps you up to date on open tables and events that aren't listed on the site.

Availability for club members varies, if you let me know when you might be free, I can try to set something up soon.  Email me at mspr...@gmail.com, so we don't spam this group with too many correspondences.

If anyone here has any questions or wants to learn or play some riichi then please don't hesitate to email me!  mspr...@gmail.com
And once again here's our site: https://mspriichi.wordpress.com/