Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Luke Francl

ungelesen,
10.09.2008, 00:12:2510.09.08
an minnebar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I was talking to the Star Tribune reporter about what the result of
MinneBar/MinneDemo has been, he asked if there had been companies formed
out of the events. That's reflected in this part:

Observers say the real challenge for Minnesota's tech community is
to convert the discussions and products originating at MinneDemo
and MinneBar into new companies.

Minnesota possesses a lot of talent and promising technology but
lacks the same impulse as Silicon Valley to launch start-ups, said
Michael Gorman, managing director of Split Rock, who regularly
attends the two events.

While a sponsor of MinneBar and MinneDemo, the venture capital
firm has yet to make an investment.

"We need some wins, some successes from this community," said
O'Connor, the entrepreneur. "MinneBar and MinneDemo help, but
they're certainly not everything we need."

So my question for you is: What collaborations have arisen because of
MinneBar and MinneDemo?

I know of at least two:

- FanChatter
- PagePow! (now DoApps)

Has anone else started a project with people you've met or bonded with at
Minne* events? I'd like to hear your stories.

Thanks,
Luke

wltiii

ungelesen,
15.10.2008, 23:36:3015.10.08
an MinneBar Discussions
I have not attended a Minne* event. I think, though, that there is
something wrong with the premise that things are not happening because
venture capital firms are not investing. Joel of Joel on Software fame
and many others, feel that venture capital leads to issues. For most
starting a Micro ISV, I tend to agree.

Bill
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor