Pre-announcing iPhone app: Fair on a Stick

Aaron Brethorst

Aug 5, 2010, 8:45:49 PM8/5/10
to minneapol...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks - I normally would wait until the app was actually in the AppStore to say something, but I'm really excited about this and want to share it more broadly.

I've been writing a 2010 MN State Fair guide app for the iPhone entitled Fair on a Stick. It will be a free download once it's available, and you can read more about it at http://faironastick.com

I'd love any feedback on it you might have, and I'd love it even more if you tried it out in a week or so once it's available in the AppStore.

In the interest of keeping this HN-topical, if you like the site template I used, you can check it out at http://jonnotie.nl/templates/iphone/. Also, the site is hosted on Heroku and the template has been converted over to Haml. I plan on making my Railsified app template available on Github in the near future. I'll reply back to this email once it's up.

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron Brethorst

Aug 5, 2010, 9:55:15 PM8/5/10
to Minneapolishackers
Just posted the source to Github: http://github.com/aaronbrethorst/iPhone-App-Website-on-Rails

It's not complex or particularly amazing, but if you're building the
complementary website for your iPhone app it might save you a few
hours.