MultiObjective optimization in Minizinc

Francesco Tonin

Jun 6, 2024, 1:29:04 AMJun 6
to MiniZinc
Hi everyone, I'm tryng to get used with Multi objective optimization in minizinc.
I tried OptimathSAT but i didn't really like it, so I was wondering if anyone here could help me find some better Solver or whatever.
My idea was implement the Pareto Optimization in minzinc.
Thank you.

Jip Dekker

Jun 7, 2024, 6:51:18 AMJun 7
to MiniZinc
Although there are plans for multi-objective search such as lexicographic and pareto optimization, these features have not made it into standard MiniZinc.
In the meantime you can define pareto as your own meta-heuristic using MiniZinc Python: https://minizinc-python.readthedocs.io/en/develop/advanced_usage.html#defining-meta-heuristics
For lexicographic optimization there is a experimental interface that I believe is supported by the MIP solvers: https://github.com/MiniZinc/libminizinc/blob/master/share/minizinc/std/experimental.mzn
I noticed that it hasn't made it into the documentation yet, so I'm not sure what the current status of it is.

Cheers,
Jip