folder place

hao jiu

May 9, 2021, 5:05:10 AM5/9/21
to minix3

Hi,
I'm learning the source code of minix3's master branch. I hope find boot_image structure definintion,so I read type.h, not related definition found, but two header #include <machine/xxx> at the top of type.h,  so I guess whether definition place there, but it seems no machine/ folder found.so,question is where is the machine folder,Thanks ahead.

Peter Shkenev

May 9, 2021, 7:27:02 AM5/9/21
to minix3
Hello,

I tried command "find . -name machine -type d -print" at minix source root. Output was as follows:
./usr.bin/machine
./tests/include/machine
./external/bsd/top/dist/machine

And there is a header file tests/include/machine/t_bswap.c, but I am not sure that this is the thing you are looking for.

I suppose that this directory is generated during build. Or, it may be some #include magic, but this is highly unlikely.

Also, I tried grepping for boot_image, and found it in minix/include/minix/type.h, at line 148.

Best regards,
Peter
воскресенье, 9 мая 2021 г. в 12:05:10 UTC+3, milk.d...@gmail.com:

stux...@gmail.com

May 9, 2021, 9:18:24 AM5/9/21
to minix3
My apologies but it's not clear to me what is being asked here:
  • Are you looking for the code that bootstraps the kernel during init?
  • Are you looking for the code that builds the RAM disk that is used to boot the system?
  • Are you looking for the code that builds the ISO distribution?
  • Are you looking for code that formats a disk and populates the boot stuff?
Also where is the type.h referenced in the email above?  Could you provide a link to it (perhaps from the github repository)?

Some general information on the folder structure that I hope is useful:

I hope this helps a little!

hao jiu

May 9, 2021, 11:50:59 AM5/9/21
to minix3
Thanks for your help,
    the type.h metioned is position at minix/kernel/ .  and boot_image structure positon at minix/kernel/table.c
and the target folder is machine/   at "#include <machine/interrupt.h>   #include<machine/multiboot.h>"
I have checked these folders you list, not matched.

hao jiu

May 9, 2021, 12:09:08 PM5/9/21
to minix3
Thanks for you help,
    sorry for not decripted my question more clearly.
I'm looking for code which is the definition of "struct boot_image" at minix/kernel/table.c

yes, I pull source code from github repository, right now time,I plan begin to learning understand minix3 code from kernel to drivers to service ,fs ,and imported netBSD userland or other parts.

last ,I've no idear if simple questions are appropriate here to discuss.

hao jiu

May 9, 2021, 12:17:21 PM5/9/21
to minix3
oh, I guess your "Also, I tried grepping for boot_image, and found it in minix/include/minix/type.h, at line 148." most probably is the “struct definition“ I'm looking for.