Problem with minix3 pkgin update

Aofan Liu

Oct 11, 2021, 2:03:05 AM10/11/21
to minix3
Hello, there, i am a newer in minix3 and i am trying to insatll X in minix3, but when i was running pkgin update command, it told me that:
pkgin could not fetch from ftp
some people say that it is due to the proxy,
but this is the key point, i am in china, if i turn off proxy, i do not have access to this ftp website, when i turn on, this problem still happen.

stux...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2021, 11:33:18 AM10/11/21
to minix3
Hello,

Which version of Minix did you install?  Please be aware that X unfortunately did not work on Minix 3.3.0.  Not only that, X has to be built with the distribution and it's not currently an installable option from pkgsrc.  The current 3.4.0RC6 development snapshot *does* come with X support so please try downloading and installing that from this page:

Thanks,

-stux

Aofan Liu

Oct 12, 2021, 8:23:24 PM10/12/21
to minix3
In fact, i am using 3.2.1 version on windows 10 vmware software. Here is a screenshot for my problem. Thank you very much.
Clipboard_20211013.png

Aofan Liu

Oct 13, 2021, 10:30:13 AM10/13/21
to minix3
Fixed, i can use pkgin update in virtual box and 3.4.0RC6, but still i can't solve it within VMware workstation Pro 15. I have seen one post said that it was due to  VMware workstation has its own TCP/IP protocol and this cause the problem.

Peter Shkenev

Oct 13, 2021, 10:43:59 AM10/13/21
to minix3
Hello,

Pkgin in minix 3.2.1 tries to access servers via ftp. This ftp server is broken for now.

On VMWare: Did you configure internet access there? If not, configure it. Probably you'll need to change vm's network card type via editing .vmx file (More information here: https://wiki.minix3.org/doku.php?id=faq#no_network_driver_is_detected_under_vmware)

Best regards,
Peter
среда, 13 октября 2021 г. в 17:30:13 UTC+3, xuyic...@gmail.com: