Threads in Minix3

vishnumurthy prabhu

Mar 19, 2010, 4:03:47 AM3/19/10
to minix3
Is there any thread implementation in minix3?
if not, Is there any body who planned to implement it?

yantux

Mar 19, 2010, 6:46:11 AM3/19/10
to minix3
I hope that thread is not planned fot Minix3 :D
because is not good for stability software.

On Mar 19, 11:03 am, vishnumurthy prabhu

Matteo Casenove

Mar 19, 2010, 7:36:47 AM3/19/10
to minix3
Hi, we are working on a user level thread implementation for MINIX3.
The thread library works, but it is still not finished.
We have implemented only the basic functionality of the library.
The project web page is : http://code.google.com/p/utrix/

Matteo Casenove

On 19 Mar, 09:03, vishnumurthy prabhu <prabhuvishnumur...@gmail.com>

Tom Chandler

Mar 19, 2010, 8:21:37 AM3/19/10
to min...@googlegroups.com
I have used pth-2.0.7 with dmalloc-5.5.2, and it appears to work.

the test programs I have been using that use pthreads execute correctly.

/tom c.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:03 AM, vishnumurthy prabhu <prabhuvis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any thread implementation in minix3?
if not, Is there any body who planned to implement it?

Bianco Zandbergen

Mar 19, 2010, 11:35:08 AM3/19/10
to minix3
As far as i know someone from the VU will be assigned to implement
kernel threads.

Bianco

On Mar 19, 8:03 am, vishnumurthy prabhu <prabhuvishnumur...@gmail.com>