git clone is not working

Leo Chen

Jun 1, 2024, 5:37:12 AMJun 1
to minix3
I try to use ''git clone git://git.minix3.org/minix src“ command to download and install minix3 source code, but it's not work for me(centos8.5).
the error message is:

and the repository exists.

I googled it and found it shows the repository administrator are not grant my user account with necessary permissions.

Han Yang

Jun 8, 2024, 5:58:57 AMJun 8
to minix3
Hello Chen,
if this is not work for you, please let me know.
Best regards,
Han Yang

Peter Shkenev

Jun 8, 2024, 2:27:32 PMJun 8
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Advice you have found on the google is obviously wrong, since you do not
have any accounts on git.minix3.org in the first place.

Git clones from this site should work without any authorization. The
fact that they do not work is an issue on the side of git.minix3.org.
While it is being resolved, you can use Github mirror as suggested
above.

---
Best regards,
Peter