Minix 3_2_1

Tom Chandler

Oct 25, 2023, 11:45:44 AM10/25/23
to minix3
I have install and running Minix 3_2_1.  pkgin does not work.  it can
not log into the ftp server to download addon packages.  Any
suggestions on how to get pkgin to work on 3_2_1.  And have
I have studied the web documentation.

Thank you
/tom c

Daniel Morgan

Oct 27, 2023, 3:00:52 PM10/27/23
to minix3
Personally, Minix 3.2.1 does not work for me on Virtual Box 7 on a Debian Linux 12 amd64 host.  I get a fatal error trying to start the Minix vm after Minix is installed.

However, Minix 3.1.0, 3.1.6, 3.3.0, and 3.4rc6 work for me on Virtual Box.   And I have Minix 3.4rc6 running on my laptop bare metal; however, lately it is built from minix 3 git master plus some of my own changes.

I would verify that internet is working.  Use ifconfig to see if you have a valid ip address and use nslookup pkgin.net
Use it to look up minix3.org

I tried to figure out how to change a path to a different repository in pkgin but I could not.

Daniel Morgan

Oct 28, 2023, 1:54:55 PM10/28/23
to minix3
Also, check to make sure that curl is installed on the system.

Tom Chandler

Oct 28, 2023, 2:04:56 PM10/28/23
to min...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your comments.  I will write more to make later....I am using
Virtual bo 7.0.12 under windows 10.  I had no problems execept for the
network adapter.  I switched to bridged and that solved the problem

I will catch later with more information.

cheers
/tom c