sudo command for Minix

KenUnix

Sep 10, 2023, 12:55:47 AM9/10/23
to minix3
Is there a sudo command for Minix?

I want to be able to mount a share as a user.

Thanks
-Ken

Daniel Morgan

Sep 13, 2023, 1:07:16 AM9/13/23
to minix3
I do not see a sudo command in R3.1.0 nor 3.3.0

Since some of Minix 3  in later versions is based on NetBSD.  Maybe you can look at the source code of sudo in NetBSD.

KenUnix

Sep 13, 2023, 7:28:07 AM9/13/23
to min...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

I did a work around by changing the mode on the following programs thus negating the need for sudo.

Apply these changes as root

chmod 4755 /bin/mount
chmod 4755 /bin/umount
chmod 4755 /sbin/minix-service
chmod 4755 /sbin/poweroff

Now a regular user can mount , unmount and shutdown Minix. Since this is a learning system and not
a production system I see no problem in doing this.

-Ken

End of line
JOB TERMINATED